Wednesday 7 March 2012

Ilovethatphoto - Maurizio Strippoli


Maurizio Strippoil is an Italian photographer that who looks at landscape in a minimal way, as you can see from the image that I have chosen to use. The work is influenced by the every day life and places rather then posed images.  
All the work the Strippoil's work is very minimal, clean and fresh. In some cases allowing the objects to almost float off the wall. 


The work that Strippoil creates is elegant as well as haunting, again there is an absence of people, but this time with in situations where you would expect to find people. In many ways this is more unsettling, creating the question, where are the people and why do they not appearer in the images. 







My Work:
The work that Strippoil has made is similar to the work that I have made. I am half Italian on my mothers side. My grandma is soon to be moving back to Italy to live with my aunts, therefore I chose to photograph her house and belongings (only the things that she has left now) and document a home that has been in the family for 28 years. 
The images we taken with 120 400 Iso colour film on a Mamiya RB67 Pro-S camera.  

The work is Titled Cioa Nonna and is a collection of images that look at the house that my grandparents bought a few years after they arrived in England in 1984,  the work really is a documentation of her life as well as self portraits of my self though her objects, objects that I have seen over and over again over the time I have been growing up and beaning like a second home over the past 20 years. 


Nonna V















No comments:

Post a Comment