Wednesday 21 March 2012

Rasmus Vasli

Rasmus Vasli was the second of the speakers on the 20th, Vasli worked with film as his begins with images and photography, while spending 3 year in Australia Vasli worked with fashion photogrpahy but was unsure of his destination with in the photography world.  



This is some of Vasil's first work with looking at the idea of fashion photography. The model is very pure and you can see that she has an interesting, innocent kind of beauty. Simply adore this image.   


Relative Values 

The first body of work that he discussed came from his MA, in this body of work Vasil looks at the way that in-laws begin to looks like one another. 





Cup of Pea 


Vasli from this point knew that he wanted to continue with portraiture and began to take street portraits with his digital camera, Which he has now made into a blog called Cup of Pea. On this blog Vasli looks at the different characters that he sees while out on the streets. The work is very much about the communication of Vasli and the person and not just taking the image just because the people looked interesting, each one on Cup  of Pea has their own story and have had their own experience with Vasil as well. What I find inspiring about the work is the stories` that each person has to share. 




I have had plans now for some time about making a body of work that looks at the different characters that work on the Saturday market in Lymington, the market has been happening every Saturday for as long as I can remember now and I really wanted to capture that time less feeling of the hustle and bustle of the busy hight street. I also wanted to created some straight up portraits of the market stall owners. 

However after hearing Vasli speak about his work I began to think of my own work with in the street photography genre. Thought out the time I have lived in Lymington I have had many random, but up lifting conversations with people that I don't even know, yet people that I see regularly. from seeing Vasli's work I have really considered in photogrpahing those people that made a change to my day as well as me making a change to theirs. 

For more of Rasmus Vasil's work http://cupofpea.blogspot.co.uk/


No comments:

Post a Comment